Thursday, February 19, 2009

Restricted Items

Wow! I went to Walmart today, which of itself is not shocking being in a town where one either shops at Wally World, or doesn't. But prior to going, I received in the mail coupons for Huggies products. They had a picture of Night Time Pull - Ups, diapers and cruisers. Shea needed regular training pants, which was not pictured. So I was informed by Wal-Mart that I am not able to use the coupon.

OK so it wasn't pictured so I guess I can deal with the makers of Huggies directly. So my total remained unchanged and I started to pay. No card of any sort. Just my handful of cash. I put in the first 5 dollar bill and get an error message "Authorization Needed: Restricted Items".

I read that again? I asked aloud where I was? Communist China? When did US Currency become invalid tender? All these thoughts ran through my head. Took Wal Mart management 10 minutes for my $5 credit to be applied. Wouldn't you know it, I would not let them take my money.

What an adventure. I guess this is a fore runner to what lies ahead. Cash NOT accepted here. God bless! Keep the faith. --smh

1 comment:

The Ladybug's Soapbox said...

Hmmm, is our dollar already tanking?